qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Following up questions related to QEMU and I/O Thread

From: Wei Li
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Following up questions related to QEMU and I/O Thread
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:38:49 -0700

Thanks Paolo for your response and clarification.

Btw, is there any rough schedule about when are you planning to start working
on the multi queue feature?  Once you start working on the feature, I would
like to hear more details about the design and better understand how this
feature will benefit the performance of virtio-scsi.

Thanks again,
Wei

On 4/16/19, 7:01 AM, "Paolo Bonzini" <address@hidden> wrote:

    On 05/04/19 23:09, Wei Li wrote:
    > Thanks Stefan for your quick response!
    >
    > Hi Paolo, Could you please send us a link related to the multiqueue
    > feature which you are working on so that we could start getting some
    > details about the feature.

    I have never gotten to the point of multiqueue, a prerequisite for that
    was to make the block layer thread safe.

    The latest state of the work is at github.com/bonzini/qemu, branch
    dataplane7.

    Paolo