qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtfs/9p duplicate inodes

From: Christian Schoenebeck
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtfs/9p duplicate inodes
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 16:40:57 +0200

On Dienstag, 23. April 2019 13:44:42 CEST Greg Kurz wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> Sorry for the late response. I'm quite busy on other topics these days...

Absolutely no problem. We probably all share the same fate of constant work
load on endless battle fields popping up everywhere. :-)

> > I intended to extend Antonios' patch set regarding 9p QID collisions with
> > the goal to make the ids constant beyond reboots by storing the qpp_table
> > as fs xattr.
>
> Hmm... why would you do that ? Even if some filesystems do have persistant
> inode numbers, it isn't mandatory AFAIK.

Mja, unfortunately I found that necessary, see my comment in patch 3 for the
background / reason:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2019-04/msg03755.html

And sorry that my patch set did not go out as one thread today. I vow
emendation. ;-)

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck