qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Apple Hypervisor - unimplemented handler

From: Programmingkid
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Apple Hypervisor - unimplemented handler
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2019 22:15:13 -0400

When running Windows 7 using "-M accel=hvf --cpu host", Windows 7 would crash.
What was printed to the console was this:

Unimplemented handler (fffff8000c0c2050) for 0 (f c3)

This message is from target/i386/hvf/x86_emu.c. The c3 seems to indicate this
is a problem with the MOVNTI or RETN instruction.

This is the webpage I used for figuring out this:
http://ref.x86asm.net/coder32.html. A search of the page shows another
instruction with the c3 opcode called RETN. So I'm not 100% sure which
instruction is the problem instruction.

In the file target/i386/hvf/x86_decode.c, this line of code makes me think it
is RETN:

{0xc3, X86_DECODE_RET_NEAR, 0, false, NULL,
     NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, RFLAGS_MASK_NONE}

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you.