qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Following up questions related to QEMU and I/O Thread

From: Wei Li
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Following up questions related to QEMU and I/O Thread
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 10:49:31 -0700

Thanks Paolo for your clarification!

Just wanted to double confirm, does this mean batch I/O submission won't apply
to aio=threads (which is the default mode)?

Thanks,
Wei

On 4/26/19, 9:25 PM, "Paolo Bonzini" <address@hidden> wrote:

    > Thanks Stefan and Paolo for your response and advice!
    >
    > Hi Paolo,
    >
    > As to the virtio-scsi batch I/O submission feature in QEMU which you
    > mentioned, is this feature turned on by default in QEMU 2.9 or there is a
    > tunable parameters to turn on/off the feature?

    Yes, it is available by default since 2.2.0.  It cannot be turned off,
however
    it is only possible to batch I/O with aio=native (and, since 2.12.0, with
the NVMe
    backend).

    Paolo