[Qemu-discuss] Core dumped during qemu-system-microblazeel

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Core dumped during qemu-system-microblazeel
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:35:06 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
I don't know if this is the correct forum to raise a newbie question, but I was hoping for some help in my first attempt at running a Microblaze (ML605) kernel under Qemu.  I have can run the example mb-s3adsp1800 linux image taken from the Qemu.org website on a Fedora PC.  I have also built a simple "helloworld" application which I can run ok using qemu-microblazel.  I have now built a Linux image with a RAM filesystem using an ml605_le_config provided by Xilinx, which produces a Linux image "simpleImage.ml605_le".  However, when I try to run this I get...

bash-4.2$ qemu-system-microblazeel -M petalogix-ml605 -kernel simpleImage.ml605_le
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
bash-4.2$

Note that the same image can be downloaded to a Xilinx Virtex 6 board and will boot-up ok.

Any suggestions, no matter how basic, would be really appreciated,

Many thanks
Steve.