Re: [Qemu-discuss] send command into guest OS through QEMU

From: Mike Lovell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] send command into guest OS through QEMU
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 09:21:51 -0700

On 02/08/2012 11:35 PM, Wayne Huang wrote:
               I'm running varieties of OS on QEMU.

               When I need to execute some command in guest OS

               I need to connect to every guest separately, it take
efforts to do these actions

               so I wondered if there have a way that I can send
command from the Host to guest OS in QEMU (like a remote shell through
QEMU)

               or any ideas that I can add this function to my QEMU ?

               Thanks

i don't think any mechanism distributed with qemu that will do this. the best place to look for coding something to do it would probably be to look at qemu-ga, the guest agent that is part of qemu. qemu-ga runs as a process in the guest and communicates over a virtio-serial connection. there has been some talk recently on the qemu-dev mailing list about features for qemu-ga but i don't remember if this was one of the items discussed. (it was mainly about merging qemu-ga with agents from ovirt and spice). http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/QAPI/GuestAgent is a qemu wiki page about the guest agent.

i hope that is enough to get you pointed in the right direction.

mike