[Qemu-discuss] Bamboo target: couldn't load device tree

From: Young Sheng
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Bamboo target: couldn't load device tree
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 14:48:40 +0800

Yo, everybody,
  I'm a newbie using qemu for powerpc.  I want to emulate a 4xx processor, like:
qemu-system-ppc -M bamboo -kernel vmlinux -initrd initrd.gz  -append "root=/dev/ram init=/bin/sh"

But I only get "couldn't load device tree".  I checked /usr/share/qemu/, there is the bamboo.dtb.  Can anyone give me some advice?
Thanks a lot!

BTW, the vmlinux and initrd.gz is from the Debian netboot.  And my qemu is 1.0.1-1.

--
Sheng Yong