[Qemu-discuss] User-mode Networking stack - how to allow incoming connec

From: redirect1977
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] User-mode Networking stack - how to allow incoming connections
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 10:26:17 +0200

Hello,
In the QEMU's documentation, concerning networking (http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Networking), for the user-mode stack it's said that "By default, however, it acts as a firewall and does not permit any incoming traffic.". Such default configuration, in my experience (I'm using QEMU 1.0.1 with WinXP as guest OS) effectively prevents web pages to be accessed. The wording suggest the possibility the incoming traffic to be allowed in user-mode networking. If this indeed is possible, how exactly it could be done?

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas Smith