[Qemu-discuss] problem unlocking encrypted volume during boot

From: Leo Butler
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] problem unlocking encrypted volume during boot
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:08:50 +0000

Hi,

I am using qemu on debian testing to run debian stable. I unwisely
installed my os with an encrypted partition. This was unwise because
during the boot process when the encryption key is requested, I must go
through a bunch of magic to ensure it is read/passed correctly, and with
the -curses option the passphrase is never read/passed correctly.

Even worse, when I copy the image file to another debian testing
machine, the passphrase is never read/passed correctly.

I wonder if there might be a good work-around for this? Any suggestions
are welcome.

For the record, here is how I launch the machine:
qemu -hda ./debian-stable.img -m 1024 -redir tcp:2222::22\
 -redir tcp:8080::80

--
Leo Butler                      address@hidden
SDF Public Access UNIX System -   http://sdf.lonestar.org