[Qemu-discuss] debugging latest qemu version

From: Wolfram Alpha
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] debugging latest qemu version
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:58:36 +0100

Hello,

I want to debug the qemu process itself. Therefore I have checked out
the latest master from git and compiled it with:

./configure --enable-debug --enable-debug-tcg && make

My compiled version is running fine, but if I want to debug it, it
seems that there are no debug symbols. I tried both variants for
debugging: starting qemu directly in the debugger or starting qemu
with options -s -S and then attaching gdb with "target remote
localhost:1234".

In both cases gdb can't find any debugging symbols.

I have successfully debugged an old version of qemu (0.15). Something
seems to have changed. Can you give me please some hints?

Best Regards
Wolfram