Re: [Qemu-discuss] [cros-discuss] Is there a generic qemu-system-arm bin

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] [cros-discuss] Is there a generic qemu-system-arm binary for ARM (hard float)
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:42:04 -0500

QEMU does not care about the userland ABI (softfloat/hardfloat).  qemu-arm works at the syscall boundary while qemu-system-arm emulates the hardware, so it runs a kernel, and that handles the userland itself.

that said, why do you want to run qemu on your ARM chromebook ?  it's already running arm/linux natively, so it'd make more sense to run in a chroot.
-mike