Re: [Qemu-discuss] what's the difference between qemu-system-i386 and qe

From: Willy Lambert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] what's the difference between qemu-system-i386 and qemu-system_x86_64
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:05:14 +0100

I re added the mailing list in cc which I forgot in previous mail

If you don't care about the hardware simulated in qemu then choose x86_64.

You will choose i386 if you want to have something that is
representative of an i386 real target to minimize integration bad
surprises or maybe (i'm not sure about that) if your host is i386 and
you want some performance accelerations which requires host and guest
arch to be the same.