[Qemu-discuss] qemu-nbd and FUSE

From: Skippy VonDrake
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-nbd and FUSE
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:15:02 -0400

Hello,

I posted this question on a FUSE list but perhaps someone here can
more easily answer it.

I'm trying to use qemu-nbd with a FUSE filesystem and don't know if it
is even doable.
The FUSE presents an image in VDI format but when I try to start the
qemu-nbd server using that image - I get:
  qemu-nbd: Failed to bdrv_open '<yada>': Operation not permitted

With FUSE out of the picture, qemu-nbd has no issues.

Is there some intrinsic problem with using a FUSE file system as a
network block device?

If not - how can I get more information for why it failed? Adding the
verbose flag gave me no more information.

-Skippy