Re: [Qemu-discuss] Connect Qemu with physical USB hub for non-compliant

From: Tony Su
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Connect Qemu with physical USB hub for non-compliant device
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 16:35:40 -0700

What is this "hub" you're referring to, is it just this thing you're
describing which sounds like a special cable and adapter?

By definition, ordinarily a "hub" is a device intended to be
transparent which can support more of the same connection type, eg
enable 3 USB devices to connect to a single USB port.

By "apposite" I think you mean appropriate? AFAIK apposite implies
something "strikingly" appropriate instead of "merely" appropriate.

As for identifying the device and vendor id, have you
- Done a Google search?
- Asked the Vendor?
- Tried simply plugging it into a modern Linux system running as late
a kernel as possible? The system just might be automatically
identified. If you're running some kind of Desktop, it might be a bit
helpful in further mounting and/or configuring the device if
recognized correctly.

As a last resort(Unless you have a Windows machine sitting around then
it doesn't have to be a last resort), yes... Plugging your device into
a Windows system can work, and running a USB utility should be an easy
way to obtaqin the vendor and device ids.

HTH,
Tony