[Qemu-discuss] vlans in user mode.

From: dE
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] vlans in user mode.
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 09:53:06 +0530

For educational purposes, I'm trying to recreate the default user mode network.

My first attempt was to create multiple nodes in a single vlan, however it did not appear to work.

2 qemu processes were started using -net user,vlan=1, ip but no network card were seen, in fact even with -net user, no network card is seen.

Also, it appears that the user mode network does not have an option to create a network card, but according to this article --

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/Networking#User_mode_networking

The default option will create a network card which will be connected to a NAT device to provide Internet access.