Re: [Qemu-discuss] Wrap a disk partition to make a disk

From: Djordje Dragic
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Wrap a disk partition to make a disk
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:22:43 +0200

I've heard its not easy to add some data to a beginning of huge file, in Linux,
without a lot of copying.

Some people on internet have used .vmdk format for this.
It enables you to have MBR and other partitions in separate files from that one
partition.
If qemu can use .vmdk, that might be a good solution.