[Qemu-discuss] Another qemu chroot unsupported syscall question

From: Dave Flogeras
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Another qemu chroot unsupported syscall question
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:11:01 -0300

Similar to yesterday, in my qemu chroot
(armv6j-hardfloat-linux-musleabi) I am seeing un-supported syscalls
related to get/set/list xattr.  However, unlike yesterday, I looked
into the linux-user/arm/syscall_nr.h and those syscalls (226 through
237) seem to be wrapped.

The file system that I am running on does not in fact have extended
attribute support.  However the difference I am seeing is that on the
host system "getfattr ." returns nothing with a return code 0, while
inside of the chroot I see:

qemu: Unsupported syscall: 235
setfattr: /root/a.out: Function not implemented

and it returns 1.

I also notice while configuring/compiling software inside of the
chroot I get a multitude of other unsupported syscalls in the
NR_***attr family of functions.

What am I misunderstanding?

Dave