[Qemu-discuss] Stopping and snapshoting at arbitrary point

From: Igor R
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Stopping and snapshoting at arbitrary point
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 08:53:07 +0300

Hello,

Is it possible to stop QEMU at an arbitrary point and save a snapshot?
I'm using PANDA framework built upon QEMU, and I'm attempting to stop
and make a snapshot within a PANDA callback, as I described here:
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/panda-users/2015-April/000359.html

I was told it wouldn't work due to QEMU limitations. So, my question
is whether it's possible to force QEMU to update the registers and to
be prepared for pausing and snapshoting at an arbitrary point?

Thanks.