[Qemu-discuss] Deterministic run

From: Igor R
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Deterministic run
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 21:42:42 +0300

Hello,

I would like to be able to run QEMU guest with some extent of
determinism. I.e., if QEMU starts from a snapshot - assuming that
there are no keyboard, mouse, and network inputs - I'd like to always
get the same instruction sequence for the whole system.
AFAICS, there already were attempts to implement such a functionality,
like this:
https://compas.cs.stonybrook.edu/downloads/qemu-deterministic/

Does the above patch look relevant with regards to the current QEMU
architecture? On the other hand, perhaps the most recent version
already contains something like that - out of the box?
Since I'm not quite familiar with QEMU internals, I'd appreciate any pointer.

(Please note that I mean here a "live" deterministic run, rather that
deterministic replay that was discussed before:
https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg01723.html)

Thanks.