Re: [Qemu-discuss] Installation Error Qebek On Qemu

From: Ken Moffat
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Installation Error Qebek On Qemu
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:17:36 +0000

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 12:34:29PM +0500, Bilal Arif wrote:
> Hello
> I am using Linux Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Desktop) as a host. After fresh
> installation I install QEMU with this:
>
> #sudo apt-get install qemu-kvm qemu virt-manager virt-viewer libvirt-bin
>
> and next i follow this paper for downloading QEBEK:
>
> https://www.honeynet.org/sites/default/files/files/KYT-Qebek-final_v1.pdf
>
> Now i am facing error on command #make pasted below:
>
> address@hidden:~/qebek$ sudo make
>   GEN   i386-softmmu/config-devices.mak
>   GEN   config-all-devices.mak
>   GEN   qemu-options.texi
>   GEN   qemu-monitor.texi
>   GEN   qemu-img-cmds.texi
>   GEN   qemu-doc.html
> ./qemu-options.texi:1538: warning: @table should not appear in @end
> ./qemu-options.texi:1538: table requires an argument: the formatter for
> @item
> ./qemu-options.texi:1538: no matching address@hidden table'
> ./qemu-options.texi:1538: warning: @end missing argument
> qemu-doc.texi:276: @node seen before @end table
> make: *** [qemu-doc.html] Error 1
>
> I would be greatly thankful for any kind of help.

It looks like your version of texinfo does not like that file.  Not
a qemu problem as such.  The pdf dates from 2010, and it looks as if
the source needs gcc-3.  Judging from the website's ToDo list, sebek
is unmaintained.  I suppose you need to install an old version of
texinfo (probably 4.13a would do - I guess your current version is
one of the texinfo-5 releases).

ĸen