Re: [Qemu-discuss] Windows 7 as the guest

From: Marko Weber | 8000
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Windows 7 as the guest
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 07:59:22 +0200

Hi Mahmood,

Am 2016-04-29 11:13, schrieb Mahmood Naderan:
Hi,
I am trying to install a Win7 guest on Centos-6 as the host. However,
the installation stuck at the very early stage (the black screen with
the blue/cyan windows logo) without any progress. The command I ran is

      qemu-system-x86_64 -m 4096 -hda win7hp -boot d -usbdevice tablet
-enable-kvm -cdrom /home/mahmood/win7.iso

With the same command above, I installed windows xp without any
problem. Any idea for that?

Regards,
Mahmood

have ever tried to work and manage machines with the "virt-manager" ?
i thunk this will make things alot easier for you. Virt-Manager comes
with templates for many Windows versions.

marko