Re: [Qemu-discuss] Defining a bridge

From: Aleksei
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Defining a bridge
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 19:10:11 +0300

I didn't even notice before that you're emulating ARM :) It should indeed be "-device virtio-net-device,netdev=net0 \" then - it is placed on virtio-bus instead of PCI. Can you run "lsmod | grep virtio" in Debian and also post your Debian's kernel version?

Just to be sure that you're all good with bridging stuff - can you run "ip l l" in Ubuntu (when your Debian VM is running) and see if there are both bridge0 and tap0 interfaces present? If they are, then the only problem is Debian not seeing virtio-bus and/or virtio NIC.

--Regards, Aleksei