[Qemu-discuss] Writing outside the qemu instance

From: Kenneth Adam Miller
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Writing outside the qemu instance
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 06:39:46 -0400

Suppose I wanted to communicate between two or more QEMU instances. I
don't want anything that is more specialized than a named pipe - I
just need read and write semantics, and for the data to show up on the
other side, within the other QEMU instance. In addition, I'm not
concerned about security in this instance, because I am more
interested in unit testing software that is running between many
machines. I also don't mind if it actually routes to the host, and I
have to route it back into the other machine somehow.

Does anybody know of a way to write to something like a named pipe,
and get the data out of one qemu instance into another?