Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU wiki account request

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU wiki account request
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 16:58:43 +0000

On 26 October 2016 at 18:44, Utku Gültopu <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would like to copy the article I have written in wikibooks [1] to
> main QEMU wiki. Could someone help me with account creation please?
>
> Regards
>
> [1]
> https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/QEMU/QEMU_Hello_World:_Installing_QEMU_and_getting_it_up_and_running

Thanks for taking the effort to write this. Rather than
just copying the article into the QEMU wiki, I think it would
be better to incorporate the information into the
existing documentation. For instance the
http://qemu-project.org/Hosts/Linux page documents how
to build QEMU for a Linux host, so if it's not clear or
it's wrong in some way we should improve that page.

That way we can have one wiki page which is the best
place for people to look when they want to know how
to build QEMU, rather than multiple places which all
say slightly different things.

I'm happy to give you a wiki account if you drop me
a private email giving your preferred username.

thanks
-- PMM