[Qemu-discuss] Adding test cases

From: Nils Bars
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Adding test cases
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 20:51:26 +0100

Hello,

I would like to add test cases for code that I have added to my QEMU
project.

If I add some test cases in tests/my_tests, how can I tell the build
system that these test cases need to be linked against source files a,b
and c and library x? Is there anywhere an example?

Currently it would even suffice (maybe this is even the way to go) if I
would be able to just add a Makefile in the tests/my_tests directory and
include this Makefile from the QEMU build system. But if I add the
include statement for this Makefile to e.g. "Makefile.target" the
targets I defined in my own Makefile are not found if I run e.g. make
my-target.

I would really appreciate any help!