[Qemu-discuss] Emulated Raspberry Pi kernel panic - can't set up serial

From: Adam Baxter
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Emulated Raspberry Pi kernel panic - can't set up serial port?
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 16:57:23 +1100

Hi,
I realise this isn't strictly a qemu issue but I can't find any reference
to this kernel panic happening on real hardware (I can't currently get
serial out working on my Pi, so I can't test there)

When running qemu 2.10 on Debian, with the command line

qemu-system-arm -machine raspi2 -curses -serial stdio -kernel zImage
-append "rw earlyprintk loglevel=8 console=ttyAMA0,115200
dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 root=ram0" -dtb bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb

I get a kernel panic: WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at
drivers/tty/serial/serial_core.c:463 uart_get_baud_rate+0xfc/0x160

I've attached the log to this email, and the kernel is available at
https://static.voltagex.org/qemu/images.zip. It's a 4.14 kernel from the
Raspberry Pi Foundation's sources, built with Buildroot. It was targetting
the Pi 3, but I don't believe it's the issue here.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Adam