[Qemu-discuss] How to enable FSB delivery method for HPET?

From: Anatol Pomozov
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] How to enable FSB delivery method for HPET?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 12:36:25 -0800

Hello

I am trying to configure timers for my guest OS. And I would like to
enable FSB delivery method for HPET using qemu command line. I am
checking qemu manpage the only parameter that mentions hpet is
"-no-hpet".

But when I look at the qemu codebase, file hw/timer/hpet.c I see it
mentions HPET property "msi" that sounds like what I need (FSB is a
delivery method using front bus, the same as MSI standard).

DEFINE_PROP_BIT("msi", HPETState, flags, HPET_MSI_SUPPORT, false),

the property is disabled by default. Now I want to enable it. How to
do it from command line?