[Qemu-discuss] Wireless TAP Networking on a Windows host

From: user 96710
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Wireless TAP Networking on a Windows host
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 23:54:47 +0200

 I'm fairly new to Qemu and virtualization, I hope you can give me some
advice.

Afaik, the main difference between SLIRP and TAP is that TAP is more
performant, however TAP needs either a bridge or a NAT set up for it to
work. I've successfully set up a bridge and I have connection in my guests,
but only at home where I can connect my laptop to the Ethernet. The bridge
stops working on wi-fi. So when I have a wireless connection I would need
to set up NAT but I have no idea how that is done. Any source that can help
me with that? Or is there an alternative way?

Thanks.