Problem debugging kernel driver running on guest os

From: Mark Wood-Patrick
Subject: Problem debugging kernel driver running on guest os
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 04:49:34 -0700

 I am trying to debug a driver issue where the driver is running on the guest os running under QEMU 7.1.0 using gdb running on the host & connecting to the guest.             When I try to attach I get a message "qemu-system-x86_64: -s: gdbstub: KVM doesn't support guest debugging". This used to work on QEMU 4.2, does anyone know what changed or what the issue is and how to fix it?

--
Mark Wood-Patrick