Re: qemu-system-x86 dependencies

From: Fourhundred Thecat
Subject: Re: qemu-system-x86 dependencies
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 15:02:25 +0200

> On 2023-08-16 14:52, Michael Tokarev wrote:
16.08.2023 15:37, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé пишет:
Cc'ing Michael

On 16/8/23 13:52, Fourhundred Thecat wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to install qemu-system-x86 on Debian 12.

But through the dependency cascade, it wants to install sound
infrastructure with gstreamer libraries. Which leads to absurd
dependencies, such as:

   libasound2
   libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-0
   libopus0
   libwayland-server0
   libusb-1.0-0

Does this madness come from Debian distribution, or from upstream?

I don't know which madness you're talking about. Is it qemu upstream madness
or debian distribution madness?  Maybe if you were be a bit more specific
and share your definition of madness, things would be more clear.  But with
either of the mentioned madness, it might be neither of us are able to
understand, being both mad.

what I meant is:
why does qemu depend on sound and gstreamer and wayland libraries?
After all, i am just trying to run VMs on my hypervisor.

If I remember correctly, my previous installation on Debian 10, qemu-system-x86
had no such dependencies.

Seems to me like trying to install openssh-server, but it needs full gnome
environment libraries.