Solutions for enabling KVM in muti-arch soc machine

From: 陈朱叠(澜赆)
Subject: Solutions for enabling KVM in muti-arch soc machine
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 09:33:51 +0800

Dear QEMU folks,
    We have modeled our system using qemu, which includes multiple cortex-m cores and multiple neoverse n1 cores, all running in TCG mode. Based on this, we want to use KVM technology to accelerate the performance of the neoverse n1 cores. However, the cortex-m cores cannot run in KVM mode. If I understand correctly, this means that the whole system cannot benefit from KVM acceleration. Unless we separate the cortex-m subsystem and the neoverse n1 subsystem from the overall soc model and enable inter-process communication to allow the cores in both subsystems to access the address space of the counterpart system. Am I understanding this correctly? If not, please correct me and provide your valuable suggestions.
Kind regards,
Seven Chen