bug -net tap on qemu

From: Kawaguchi Maeda
Subject: bug -net tap on qemu
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 04:53:11 +0700

hello qemu

I have given up on the documentation that you have provided, you provided documentation but it did not match the reality when providing it.

are you not serious about giving the command "-net tap"?
I have 4 ethernets namely eth0, eth1, eth2 , and eth3 . My default connection is eth0, but I want qemu to only access eth1, so I use this command

qemu-system-x86_64\
  -m 3G\
  -cpu host\
  -enable-kvm\
  -drive file=window.img,format=raw,if=virtio\
  -net nic,model=virtio\
  -net tap,ifname=eth1,script=no,downscript=no \
  -vnc :0

then I get an error message
qemu-system-x86_64: could not configure /dev/net/tun (eth1): Invalid argument

I've searched on Google and chatgpt can't help, wow this is the first time I don't understand. usually if it's stuck I ask chatgpt and the results are successful but this never works.

I don't understand anymore, help me