Setup network TAP for filesharing with host

From: Derek Lewis
Subject: Setup network TAP for filesharing with host
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 05:34:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I want to add to enable filesharing between a windows 10 host and my solaris unix guest machine with the network tap option.  The solaris unix system is working although when I add the -netdev and -device commands below, QEMU crashes the moment I invoke.

I do see the tap driver briefly become active before QEMU crashes, I should note.  I am running the QEMU version from 12-14-23.

"C:\Program Files\qemu\qemu-system-sparc" -M SS-5 -m 128 -drive file=sparc.qcow2,bus=0,unit=0,media=disk -netdev tap,id=mynet0,ifname=tap0,script=no,downscript=no -device e1000,netdev=mynet0