qemu-ppc

[Qemu-ppc] Ethernet Controller Register Initialize of PPC405GP missing

From: Sijia Li
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] Ethernet Controller Register Initialize of PPC405GP missing
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:15:11 +0200

Hi:

Recently I'm developing software for PPC405 and trying to use the Ethernet controller which is built in PPC405gp. But with the help of QEMU monitor command, I found the built-in Ethernet controller hasn't been initialized. I checked the source code which emulates ppc405gp.

From line 2542 to line 2544 in "ppc405_uc.c", the source code is as following:

    ppc405_mal_init(env, mal_irqs);
    /* Ethernet */
    /* Uses pic[9], pic[15], pic[17] */
    /* CPU control */
    ppc405ep_cpc_init(env, clk_setup, sysclk);

And there is also no eth_init function that had been implemented. I'm pretty sure there should be a Ethernet Controller Registers in PPC405GP and the system memory address map of it should start from 0xef600800 to 0xef6008ff which has been specified in IBM PowerPC 405GP data sheet.

Has anyone implemented this initialization in some customized qemu version?

Regards
Sijia Li