qemu-ppc

Re: [Qemu-ppc] [OpenBIOS] MorphOS 4.x on QEMU

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-ppc] [OpenBIOS] MorphOS 4.x on QEMU
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 17:00:31 +0000

On 03/03/14 16:33, BALATON Zoltan wrote:

On Mon, 3 Mar 2014, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
Can you try the attached patch? I think what the "0 3 pick c!" line
was supposed to do was set an empty string as the fallback return
value in buf for nextprop.

See my other message where I came up with a patch identical to half of
yours and it seems to work.

According to the IEEE1275 specification, return values of -1 and 0
should return an empty string, so what I've done is move the write of
the 0 length string into buf to the two points in code just before
nextprop exits with these return codes.

OK, I didn't care about the -1 case so your patch should be the correct
one.

Yes indeed, it looks as if our patches have crossed in the mail. I've just tested all my PPC/SPARC64 images and see no regressions so I've committed my version of the patch to SVN trunk. Thanks a lot for the bug report and time spent tracking this done!

ATB,

Mark.