qemu-ppc

[Qemu-ppc] (Bug?) I can't seem to make install qemu-ppc on OS X.

From: Jd Lyons
Subject: [Qemu-ppc] (Bug?) I can't seem to make install qemu-ppc on OS X.
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 08:50:34 -0500

Something must have changed, ever since about Feb. 2nd I can’t make install qemu-ppc.

install -c -m 0644 /Users/jam2/QE8/qemu/trace-events-all "/Users/jam2/Voodoo5/qemu-install/share/qemu/trace-events-all"
install: /Users/jam2/QE8/qemu/trace-events-all: No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 71

I cloned the master branch on Feb. 1st, and I can make install that just fine, but everything after that, I get the above error.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.2

Out of source tree build, from a debug dir.

../configure --target-list=ppc-softmmu --prefix=$HOME/whatever dir I want to install to/qemu-install
make -j2
make install

I tried in in source tree build, and to configure without —-prefix, same result, make runs without error, but make install reports it’s missing the file trace-events-all?

Could someone tell me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.