qemu-stable

Re: [Qemu-stable] [Qemu-devel] proposed release schedule for QEMU 2.12

From: Michael Roth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-stable] [Qemu-devel] proposed release schedule for QEMU 2.12
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 17:31:45 -0600

Quoting Christian Ehrhardt (2018-01-31 09:04:59)
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 10:32 AM, Peter Maydell
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 31 January 2018 at 08:19, Christian Ehrhardt
> > <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Hi Peter,
> >> 2.12 looks good to me FWIW, but I wanted to ask if there are
> >> discussions on a 2.11.1 timing as well?
> >> Especially in regard to [1] at least agreeing and defining a date
> >> would be great IMHO.
> >> I haven't seen any date-talk on 2.11.1 and doesn't say anything about it
> >> yet.
> >
> > I don't have anything to do with the stable branch releases:
> > you should ask the stable maintainers about that...
>
> Correct, thanks for the redirect PMM.
>
> Since MAINTAINERS doesn't talk about recent stable trees forwarding
> the question to qemu-stable in general.
> Any plans on 2.11.1 timing?

I will post the tree Monday with what is currently queued. I'm not sure
yet on a date because the discussion around what IBRS is going to end
up looking like upstream is still ongoing, but it doesn't look like
there are changes planned WRT to how IBRS will be handled from a
QEMU/KVM perspective, so I'll likely go ahead and set a release date
for February 12-15th when I post the tree.

Either way, I'll try to have basic testing of IBRS against downstreams
carrying the patches done in advance and push the queue to stable-2.11
branch on QEMU repo so folks who need to pick them up sooner can grab
from there in the meantime.

The current queue is available here, but only minimal testing so far:

  https://github.com/mdroth/qemu/commits/stable-2.11-staging