[Qexo-general] Calling my own Qexo functions from other Qexo programs

From: Jocelyn Paine
Subject: [Qexo-general] Calling my own Qexo functions from other Qexo programs
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 20:45:08 +0100 (BST)

Suppose I have writtem Qexo files Mod1.xql and Mod2.xql. Mod1.xql defines
function F. I would like to use F from Mod2.xql. How do I write Mod2 so as
to do this? Assume that I've --xquery compiled Mod1 into a class. Do I
have to do
  invoke-static( "Mod1", "F" )
?

As with calling Kawa from Qexo, I'd have thought there ought to be a way
to do this that lets the compiler, when compiling Mod2, get all the
compile-time info it needs about F.

Per, you asked for comments: this is something that would be useful in
your article on generating XML and HTML, I think, because people might
want to separate their programs into several small files.

Jocelyn Paine
http://www.ifs.org.uk/~popx/
+44 (0)7768 534 091