[Qexo-general] load and require

From: Marco Vezzoli
Subject: [Qexo-general] load and require
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 08:24:46 +0200

Hi,
how can xquery modules be imported from other kawa modules?
I have a small library that I want to share between the servlet and the
stand-alone version of the program.
load("module") works but only in an xquery expression eg:

let $void := load("module") return ...

require() throws some exception (maybe I used the wrong syntax).
Mixing scheme with xquery solve some problems, [(require <module>)
works] but the rest is not so simple: some definitions are needed

(define document (static-field <gnu.kawa.xml.Document> 'document))
(define write-to (static-field <gnu.kawa.xml.WriteTo> 'writeTo))

and xquery functions returns <values>; it is not clear how to 'consume'
correctly these results into the standard output.
Thanks for any help.
--
        (--cafe babe--)
Marco Vezzoli   address@hidden