Re: [Qexo-general] limits of for instruction !

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] limits of for instruction !
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:50:19 -0800

Rami RIFAIEH wrote:
then I tried this simple query

<number_max>
{ for $a in (1 to 8194)
 return $a
}
</number_max>

the result of the query was: 1 2 .... 8191
this means that the second operand of "for" instruction is as maximum 8192,

I didn't see this problem, using the CVS version of Qexo.
Which version are you using?

Anyway, I noticed a modified example based on your test
was very slow, so I removed the linear search in the find
method of TreeList (using the implementation from ValueStack).
This fixes the problem, at the cost of not being as efficient
with re-using index in teh objects array.  I checked this
change into CVS.

I tried to find out in the class code (xqueryparse)

Huh?  xqueryparse?  Are you sure you're using Qexo?
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/