Re: [Qexo-general] overflow in label fixup

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] overflow in label fixup
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:46:25 -0800

Seshukumar Venkata Adiraju wrote:
The same query <div> ..... </div>
When placed in a much bigger html file throws this error
java.lang.Error: overflow in label fixup
            at gnu.bytecode.Label.relocate_fixups(Label.java:116)

This to me looks like you're hitting the maximum size of a
method in a class file.  Nobody has ever reported this before,
and I read that these limits will be removed in JDK 1.5,
so changing Kawa code generation so to avoid this is not a
priority.  On the other hand, it might be reasonable and doable
to encode large "constant" chunks of an XQuery file more compactly.
However, I don't know when I'll have time for to work on that
(unless you can pay me to do it on a consulting basis).

It seems to me that having a huge html file with a tiny
bit of XQuery logic is not the best or most maintainable
way of doing things.  Perhaps you can re-organize your
application?
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://www.bothner.com/per/