[Qexo-general] Re: alternative to 'distinct'

From: Per Bothner
Subject: [Qexo-general] Re: alternative to 'distinct'
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:20:07 -0800

bhavin shukla wrote:

I was wonderin if there is  any alternative to do 'distinct' in quexo cause i
need to do a query that returns distinct results.

This function is rather inefficient, but it should work with
Kawa 1.7.90:

declare function distinct-values($vals)
{
  for $x at $i in $vals
  where empty(for $y at $j in $vals
              where $j < $i and $x eq $y return $y)
  return $x
}

If I have time, I may implement a more efficient distinct-values
for the 1.8 release.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/