[Qexo-general]How to update a XML file

From: Jun Yu
Subject: [Qexo-general]How to update a XML file
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 02:07:34 +0100 (MET)

Hello everybody,
I am doing a web application with Xquery and Qexo. It is just like a web
site. The user needs querying data, and the administrator needs to
maintain the XML database(update/delete).

(1)To update some of elements in the XML database file, it is impossible
to use write-to() function.  Because it will rewrite the whole file. How I
should do ?

(2)The system needs SESSION machanism. I tried to pass SESSION from one
xql file to another xql file with URL.  Something like:
http://.../ss3.xql?SESSIONID=12345

But it shows:
The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.

(3)Many Xquery functions can not be used.
For instance, as the previous question shows, I need to join two string
with string-join().  That is, to join "http://.../ss3.xql"; to
"?SESSIONID=12345".
But it does not work. How to handle such problem ?

Any idea or suggestion is welcome. Thanks for your help.

best regards,
June