[Qexo-general] Performance benchmarks

From: Seshukumar Venkata Adiraju
Subject: [Qexo-general] Performance benchmarks
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 09:46:56 +0530

Hi,

Are there any performance benchmarks for xquery?

We have a UML based modeling tool which has data in xml. I’m piloting a reporting feature for the tool based on xquery.

I notice that when the xml size (number of nodes) is very high and the xquery involves many computations the performance degrades.

The performance seems to be degrading exponentially with the size of the xml.

How do I optimize the performance of xquery with large xml file?

Are there any benchmarks available for the qexo library?

Seshu kumar Adiraju

Software Engineering and Technology Labs

Infosys Technologies limited

"Being surprised at the fact that the universe is fine tuned for life is
akin to a puddle being surprised at how well it fits its hole"

(From Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy)