Re: [Qexo-general] Using qexo from Java with unusual input & output form

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Qexo-general] Using qexo from Java with unusual input & output formats
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:09:26 +0200

On 09/10/2015 08:35 PM, John Ohno wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to use qexo in conjunction with FastInfoset -- in other words, to use
a DOM I've parsed myself as the context object (because qexo will not happily
parse FI documents itself), and then take the result and serialize it myself.
While the second part is relatively straightforward, I can't figure out how to
convince qexo of the default XML context.

I found the following item from ten years ago:

Setting an external input variable (as described in the 27 Sep 2005 message)
seems to work - I just tried it:

$ kawa input=kawa-sources/gnu/xquery/testsuite/bib.xml --xquery -e 'declare
variable $input external; doc($input)/bib/book/title'
Digital TV</title>

(I tried bib.xml in the Kawa source tree.)