qhull-cvsupdate

[Qhull-cvsupdate] options with qvoronoi

From: Frederic Leymarie
Subject: [Qhull-cvsupdate] options with qvoronoi
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:37:25 -0400

Hi there

I downloaded the latest (I believe) version of the qhull package
from http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/qhull/

I can install everything nicely; great!

Now, using qvoronoi I cannot find options to do the following:

    1- For each voronoi vertex how can I get (directly)
        the list of associated input sites ?
        (I am working with 3D data, so that would be 4 generators per vertex).

    2- With option Fv, I get connectivity amongst vertices bounding
        a hyperplane, the bisector of a pair of sites. This is what you
        call ridge.  In 3D, each connector between pairs of these bounding
        Voronoi vertices defines a line segment also bounding the
        the bisector. I have two related questions:
            a- is the series of Voronoi vertices defining the ridge of
                a specific bisector ordered ? i.e., does it represent
                systematically a sequential walk-through the looping structure
                of the boundary of the bisector.
            b- similarly to question 1 above, how can i get (directly)
                the input sites associated to each bounding curve segment
                forming the ridge, e.g., the 3 input sites shared by each
                pair of connected Voronoi vertices along the ridge?

Thanking you for any help in these matters,
Frederic

--
Frederic FOL LEYMARIE, Ph.D., Manager of the SHAPE Lab.
http://www.lems.brown.edu/shape/