qsos-general

Re: [QSOS-general] ideas QSOS v2 format

From: François Le Droff
Subject: Re: [QSOS-general] ideas QSOS v2 format
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:54:31 +0100

I would be much more interested in new qsos tools.
For the project to be attractiv and get more contributers and contribution:
* having tools such as filters, weighting, charting, pdf and open office export are really a must have, asap ! don't you think ?
* changing the format again could be bad if it slows down the tooling....

Regarding the format change, I would rather go for a new format that enables the evaluator to choose a information from a list of predefined items.

I didn't get the point about : replacing 0,1,2 by the a,b,c.
If filtering and weigthing tools were ready to use, wouldn't that be useless ?

My 2 cents,
Cheers,

François

On 13 Nov 2006 09:29:23 -0000, Goneri Le Bouder <address@hidden> wrote:

>I like your ideas, but how about backward compatibility?
This break the compatibility with the current QSOS format. But changes
are minor. We have to:
  -extend the current API
  -patch the librarys (Perl, Java, Jscript, etc)
  -patch the editors
  -migrate the current sheets

Regards,

             Gonéri