[Quilt-dev] /usr/share/quilt/lib -> /usr/lib/quilt ?

From: Martin Quinson
Subject: [Quilt-dev] /usr/share/quilt/lib -> /usr/lib/quilt ?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:18:31 +0100

Hello,

For now, we use the /usr/share/quilt/lib, which isn't really FHS compilant.
What's the purpose of this directory in your mind? It contains backup-files,
which should definitelly move out of the /usr/share directory since it's
arch-dependant. What do you think about moving backup-files to
/usr/lib/quilt, and moving the shell script in /usr/share/quilt/lib back to
/usr/share/quilt ?

Moreover, I launched lintian (a tool to check common packaging error) on the
[debian] package, and it reported among other debian-specific things:
W: quilt: script-not-executable ./usr/share/quilt/lib/patchfns
N:
N:   This file starts with the #! sequence that marks interpreted scripts,
N:   but it is not executable.
N:

I guess we should remove the header of that file since it's never executed
and always sourced.

Bye, Mt.

--
Un clavier azerty en vaut deux.