Re: [Quilt-dev] configure.in

From: James Rowe
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] configure.in
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 04:51:52 +0000

Hey,

Changes:

        - Alright so most of the pointless tests have been removed.
        - AC_INIT only set MAJOR and MINOR version numbers, REVISION is
AC_SUBST'd later on to make life easier for the spec file really.
        - Users will see defaut options now with --help
        - AC_PREREQ has been pushed back to 2.50(the earliest I can test with
here)
        - config/mkinstalldirs has been removed, as it is no longer needed(a
removed test required this)
        - The Makefile.in has changed again at the VERSION/RELEASE stage to
support the changed configure.in handling
        - dist-snapshot target in the Makefile now makes a little more sense as
it uses the already defined @ISODATE@ from configure.
        -  I've added too extra extends to sed in the Makefile, this has to do
with the docs.  It probably should've been included there, but really
they should be getting used in the likes of bin/quilt.in anyway in my
opinion

  Heh, and so much for the sleep.

  If you are wondering why I haven't being commiting direct to CVS it is
because there have been way to many differences on my part already and
I think it would be foolish and wrong for me to be commiting *any*
non-bugfix changes until [hopefully] I am agreement with the viewers of
others.

Jay

--

www.jnrowe.uklinux.net
GnuPG key fingerprint = 7721 D12B 822B 20FE FCE6  B2B7 7CDF C9DF D16A