[Quilt-dev] Re: Improvement to dependency-graph

From: John Lenz
Subject: [Quilt-dev] Re: Improvement to dependency-graph
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 14:23:46 -0500

+} elsif ($use_patcher) {
+    #since patcher maintains a file called patchname.files,
+    #we can generate the graph for patches which are not applied!
+    my $fh = new FileHandle("< .patches/series")
+       or die ".patches/applied: $!\n";
+    @patches = map { chomp; $_ } <$fh>;
+    $fh->close();

Whups. This is wrong! patcher only maintains patchname.files for patches which are applied. Here is a new patch that uses lsdiff to determine which file a patch modifies if the patch isn't applied. It loads in both the list of applied patches and the entire series list of patches. It then uses lsdiff to determine the files in a patch if it is not applied.

John